Saturday, November 24, 2012

DIY: Paint Swatch Calendar

DIY: Paint Swatch Calendar

DIY: Paint Swatch Calendar by thehowtogirlies on Polyvore

 What you’ll need:
a frame (I got this one from Ikea for $4. The size is 13.5 x 17.5 but feel free to go bigger if you’d like more space.)
paint samples in colors you choose (free from your nearest paint or hardware store.)
poster board for the background – I chose white
glue
a straight edge, ruler and a pencil if you’re a perfectionist like me :)

What to do:
Take your chosen colors and trim them to the size you want. Keep in mind you’ll need 7 colors to comfortably fit from left to right and that the labels for the days of the week will be smaller than the calendar days. I chose to keep the paint sample names within my little squares because I thought it’d add a nice touch, but it’s totally up to you!
Trim your poster board to the size of the frame and glue your paint samples to it, however you desire. I chose an ombre look for specific days of the week. A single color ombre or mixed colors look great too!
Place your finished calendar inside the frame and use your dry erase marker to label the days and dates.
Enjoy your cute (and one-of-a-kind) calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment